Details for your upcoming Google+ Hangout with Rich
Danielle here, a member of Rich’s team. I’m thrilled that you will be joining us on an upcoming Google+ Hangout. I want to make sure you are fully supported in using Google+ Hangouts on Air and know what to expect.
You’ll receive an email from our team with the link to join the hangout. It’s very important that you reply to that email with your preferred Gmail (or Google) email address.
Here’s what we’ll review on this page:
- Setting up your G+ account
- Installing the Hangouts Plugin
- Google Hangout on Air Training
- Visual “Cheat Sheet”
- Technical Best Practices
1. Setting up your G+ account
- Make sure Google+ is set up on your Google Account.
- Please confirm your browser, operating system, processor and bandwidth meets the system requirements
2. Install the Hangouts Plugin
This should only take a minute or two, but please make sure that the plugin is installed before your live session. We’ve found that the most reliable browser to use is Google Chrome. (Safari has been the least reliable)
- Download and install the latest version of the Hangouts plugin.
3. Google Hangout on Air Training video
This 8-minute video will walk you through the interface of the hangout. You’ll learn how to mute yourself, turn your camera on and off, how to use the chat function, and how to set up your “lower third” which will show your name at the bottom of the screen during the hangout.
You can also watch the video directly on YouTube here: http://youtu.be/5R_ES5WEo4E
4. Visual “Cheat Sheet”
5. Technical Best Practices
The following steps/tips are to ensure the best technical experience.
Please complete these steps prior to joining the live Hangout:
- Use a headset
- Restart your computer shortly before joining
- Close all applications you aren’t using
- Close all browser tabs you aren’t using
- Disconnect any apps that auto-sync/update (e.g. Dropbox)
- Ask other members of your home/office to limit their use of the internet during your call
- Consider using Google Chrome as your browser.
If you have any questions or if you have any problems joining the hangout, you can reach me directly at (773) 814-8350 or email@example.com.