I got on a call with a group of clients and one of them was wearing a t-shirt with a Hooli logo.
I love it! I said.
He was beaming, I had it made! He replied.
Most of the other faces on the call looked blank, so I asked them if anyone knew what Hooli was.
Everyone looked blank.
If you don’t know what Hooli is, either – that’s the point!!!
You need a Hooli T-shirt…
You need to get so narrow and specific in describing what you do, that if you wrote it on a t-shirt, most people would look blank. But ONE person in the room would light up!
That feels too scary for most coaches. So they say things like, I work with men and women in transition… I’m a freelance consultant specialising in coaching and mentoring… I help people to change their life and/or the world…
These are nice phrases but they tell me nothing. I couldn’t make a referral to you because you could literally work with anyone. Which means you’ll probably end up with no one…
Get so specific that it scares you
Let me tell you about 3 members of 4PC:
Parissa Behnia specializes in coaching high performing leaders who are difficult, dismissive and divisive. The kind of leaders who create incredible results but their stubborn and abrasive behavior leaves collateral damage in its wake. Parissa used to be a leader like this, so she knows exactly what makes them tick. And she knows precisely how to help them turn off their detrimental behaviors, so they become an asset to your business, again.
If you have an amazing leader in your team but the cost is beginning to outweigh the benefit, you know who to call…
Kanchan Prinsloo specializes in supporting senior women leaders of color. She has decades of leadership experience in public and private organizations in Canada and the UK, so she deeply understands the invisible barriers these senior leaders face every single day. And she also knows how to help them thrive in their role.
If you are a senior woman leader of color and you want to get to the very highest levels of your organization, you know who to call…
Georgie Dickens specializes in working with what she calls “Stratospheric CEOs.” Her clients are the leaders of billion dollar and multi-million dollar organizations. Before becoming a coach, Georgie had a 20-year career in the City of London, working at a senior level in companies such as JP Morgan and Reuters. So she’s not afraid to speak truth to extremely high level leaders.
If you’re an extremely accomplished CEO who is unable to speak openly with your board, your senior team, or even your husband or wife, you need a trusted advisor. You know who to call…
I’m in an online group, where someone just posted this question: “I’ve just launched the new website for my mindset coaching business. Any tips on the best way to get traffic for the site?”
I have 2 tips:
- Stop talking about your coaching. Start talking about your people.
- Stop worrying about traffic. Find one person to help. Help them. Repeat.
PS. If you want to create high-performing, high-fee clients, the 3rd cohort of Project Kairos is about to begin. Week after week, until January 2021, I’ll be your mentor. There’s no theory here. Every single week you bring in real issues and we resolve them. My client is about to complete their contract. How do I renew them? I coached a CEO who said they wanted to begin coaching but then they went silent. What do I do? I struggle with making proposals. I find it hard to explain what I do. How do I enroll the dream client I just met? Just 8 spots left.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you increase your income and your impact:
- JOIN MY COMMUNITY… Join our Facebook group, Serve Lead Serve, where I’m supporting you, challenging your thinking and coaching live, every week.
- CREATE HIGH LEVEL PROGRAMS… Become more creative than any coach you know. Develop coaching experiences, or Intellectual Property, or programs that generate money when you’re asleep. I’m running a 2 hour live training. Plus, you can join me to create your own IP, with my personal support.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH TALENT… The ability to learn faster than your competitors is the only sustainable competitive advantage. If you want to accelerate your skills and talents by immersing yourself in a community of top performers, join us in the first ever 4PC Accelerator.
- LIKE EVERY SUPERHERO, YOU NEED A POWERFUL ORIGIN STORY… Would you like to have me tell your story with such impact that you create clients by telling it – for the rest of your life? What if you could speak with such confidence and power about what you do, with such clarity, that dream clients call you?