You can see how scared I was, in these pictures…
Here’s a post I wrote on Facebook, back in 2007, when I was barely two years into becoming a professional coach:
I had no idea how much money to charge as a coach:
In response to someone’s comment, I let them know how proud I was of my rates.
And I almost don’t want to tell you that I used to make a really special offer, if you gave me your credit card number, during our call!
And here’s the moment I remember viscerally, to this day – when I was fired for the first time ever, by a client:
Just over ten years ago, I was full of fear that I wouldn’t succeed in this profession. I was charging less than $300 a month. And I was fired by a client for trying to coach her over email because I was upset that she missed a session.
But those were great lessons. And soon after, I began to practice The Prosperous Coach Approach – and my world began to change.
I don’t regret my mistakes, over the past decade. It was really challenging growing my business back then. But I learned a great deal.
And I didn’t stop.
I kept making mistakes. And I kept learning.
The word expert has the same root as the word experiment. An expert is just someone who has experimented more than you…
- Ten years ago, my clients used to pay me $10 a month. Now they invest over $100,000 a year to work with me.
- Ten years ago, I used to run coaching groups of 10 people that would take me months to fill. Last year, I launched Project Kairos and two dozen people sign up after I send out just a couple of emails.
- Ten years ago, I used to run Intensives for 30 people, with Steve Chandler. We’d each call people – one at a time – and coach them for two hours before they’d sign up. Now, I have 300 people a year attend my Intensives, because they read every article I write and watch everything video I create.
I’ve become an expert at helping high-performing leaders go on the same journey that I first went on, over a decade ago.
I’ve spent the past ten years building a Word-of-Mouth business. The most common answer I hear when I ask how people know about me is: “Someone told me about you… and then I ‘stalked’ you online!”
And in a few days – for the first time ever – I’m going to be teaching you how to stand out in a world where everyone is an ‘expert’…
- I’m going to be teaching you how to get the word out when everyone seems to be a coach…
- I’m going to be teaching you how to sell your book, your program or your coaching, in a very noisy world…
- I’m going to be teaching you how to build a remarkable business that gets people talking – because it is so unusual or good…
- I’ll be sharing the mindsets, techniques, and tools that I use – so you can take your coaching and consulting practice to the next level…
Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.
PS. Sign up for my Coaching Excellence Masterclass on August 10. You will learn the frameworks and mindset shifts that the top 4% of coaches use to thrive in life and business. I will share powerful distinctions and key frameworks so you can assess what you need to get to your next level. There’s no charge for this Masterclass – you just need to commit to show up and to apply your insights.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready, here are 4 ways you can increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
1. Join me on How to Coach a Superhero, to learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. Or join me on Money. Money. Money, to handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
2. If you want your success and your thinking dramatically re-framed, join me on the 4PC Accelerator. It’s a once-a-year opportunity to join the members of 4PC (my private club for top performers) at an 8 day training – to drastically increase your influence.
3. Join Project Kairos and spend a year being mentored by me – to learn the skills, mindsets and strategies needed to create a powerful and profitable coaching practice.
4. Daniel Coyle, author of the Talent Code, says: “Seek out coaches who are authoritative, who know their stuff and take charge. A little scary is good.”
If you are ready to be pushed and stretched, intellectually and emotionally – to drastically expand your business and your life – there are 3 very unique ways to work with me one-on-one: (1) Thinking Partnership, (2) Protegé, (3) Concierge Trusted Advisor. Apply for an interview. [Note: Investment from $47K to $158K].