15 Key Decisions for World-Class Coaches
Professional, prosperous, extraordinary coaches distinguish themselves by making 15 fundamental decisions:
1. I take total responsibility for my financial success and security. I build my financial success and security from my ability to serve, to sell and to save. And I’m dedicated to mastering all three.
2. Money=Service. I serve people so powerfully they never forget our conversation for the rest of their life.
3. Money is the most perfect expression of my creativity. I never stop creating… ideas, clients, programs, stories, impact.
4. I use money as feedback — for my actions, not my emotions. Money is a Lag Indicator, a result. I focus on Lead Indicators, like serving and creating.
5. I create my lifestyle first, then my career. I live my ideal average day.
6. Mission and Money: I make a contribution to something far greater than me. I work on cash projects (to fund my lifestyle) as well as big sexy projects (to make an impact).
7. I invest significant time, energy and money in my professional development, to be world class. (If I’m the most interesting person in the room, I’m in the wrong room. So I seek out communities of fascinating and interesting people. Or I create them!)
8. I invest significant time away from the business, to take care of ME — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
9. I say Hell Yes or Hell No. (There’s no such thing as ‘Hell Maybe’!) I ruthlessly cut out people, places, thoughts and habits that drain me of energy.
10. My secret competitive advantage is patient execution of what everyone knows they should be doing.
11. I focus on my Zone Of Genius. Everything else is on my Avoid At All Costs List. (And I build a team who work in THEIR Zone Of Genius).
12. I know that the most successful coaches operate in a way that is dramatically different from most coaches. I’m finding and honing my own unique, inimitable way.
13. Slow down to speed up: I put quality before quantity, reflection before reaction, and intention before attention.
14. Confidence is a result, not a requirement. I use courage as my compass—I walk in the direction of my fears.
15. The job of a leader is to create more leaders, not more followers. I make my clients into Superheros, rather than trying to be a Superhero.
16. I break all the rules! I watch what everyone else is doing and I do the opposite. I get comfortable with paradox. I get comfortable feeling uncomfortable.
P.S. What is a key decision that you made that has had a massive impact on your success?
PS. Dramatically increase your confidence as a coach by mastering enrolling clients. Drastically increase your ability to raise your fees and up-level your clients. And learn to have fun making money. Join me on The 90 Day Money Game. There’s still time to join us…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Assess your current coaching level and learn how to get to your next level. Read – or remind yourself of – The Litvin Levels, from The Prosperous Coach.
- Watch me coach some of the top coaches on the planet, in order to drastically uplevel your coaching skills. Join me on How To Coach A Superhero: The 4PC edition.
- Imagine joining a Deep Coaching experience alongside the members of 4PC, my community of high-level coaches… We only offer The 4PC Accelerator once a year and it always sells out in advance. Save $1,000 with early-bird pricing.
- Learn how to enroll and coach successful, talented and ambitious clients – with power and impact. Join my flagship program, Project Kairos – for 8 months of guidance, challenge and support to master creating clients.