15 Key Decisions for World-Class Coaches
Professional, prosperous, extraordinary coaches distinguish themselves by making 15 fundamental decisions:
1. I take total responsibility for my financial success and security. I build my financial success and security from my ability to serve, to sell and to save. And I’m dedicated to mastering all three.
2. Money=Service. I serve people so powerfully they never forget our conversation for the rest of their life.
3. Money is the most perfect expression of my creativity. I never stop creating… ideas, clients, programs, stories, impact.
4. I use money as feedback — for my actions, not my emotions. Money is a Lag Indicator, a result. I focus on Lead Indicators, like serving and creating.
5. I create my lifestyle first, then my career. I live my ideal average day.
6. Mission and Money: I make a contribution to something far greater than me. I work on cash projects (to fund my lifestyle) as well as big sexy projects (to make an impact).
7. I invest significant time, energy and money in my professional development, to be world class. (If I’m the most interesting person in the room, I’m in the wrong room. So I seek out communities of fascinating and interesting people. Or I create them!)
8. I invest significant time away from the business, to take care of ME — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
9. I say Hell Yes or Hell No. (There’s no such thing as ‘Hell Maybe’!) I ruthlessly cut out people, places, thoughts and habits that drain me of energy.
10. My secret competitive advantage is patient execution of what everyone knows they should be doing.
11. I focus on my Zone Of Genius. Everything else is on my Avoid At All Costs List. (And I build a team who work in THEIR Zone Of Genius).
12. I know that the most successful coaches operate in a way that is dramatically different from most coaches. I’m finding and honing my own unique, inimitable way.
13. Slow down to speed up: I put quality before quantity, reflection before reaction, and intention before attention.
14. Confidence is a result, not a requirement. I use courage as my compass—I walk in the direction of my fears.
15. The job of a leader is to create more leaders, not more followers. I make my clients into Superheros, rather than trying to be a Superhero.
16. I break all the rules! I watch what everyone else is doing and I do the opposite. I get comfortable with paradox. I get comfortable feeling uncomfortable.
P.S. What is a key decision that you made that has had a massive impact on your success?
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.