The 9 Qualities Of High Achievers That Hold Them Back The Most
- You are a powerful visionary.
The very power of your vision can be detrimental to your success because you dream so big that you can get overwhelmed. When so many options are available to you, the paradox of choice can mean it’s hard to begin each new project.
- You experience exponential success.
Despite the admiration of those around you, it often doesn’t feel like you’ve ever had to work that hard for everything you’ve accomplished. It is easy to misinterpret the nature of rapid attainment, so you can feel like you are hiding a “dirty little secret”. Many of the highest-achieving people on the planet judge themselves for being ‘lazy’.
- You have deep, competing commitments that begin to surface the more successful you become.
Your very drive for success is motivated by deep commitments and values. When you are not making happen what you claim to be committed to, it is a clue that there is a stronger, competing commitment to which you are unknowingly committed.
- You get comfortable in the Gray Zone.
The Gray Zone refers to a pace set by a runner that is too fast for recovery and too slow for growth. A pace like this can feel like a tough workout. But running in this zone, run after run, will actually lead to a decline in performance.
The danger for a high performer is that your Gray Zone creates so much more than the average person that there is a temptation to continually underperform without even realizing that you’re doing so.
- You are an extremely talented problem-solver.
You have a finely-tuned ability to scan the horizon for “danger” and this bias towards solving problems means you are energized by challenges and threats. So you tend to avoid things—taxes, relationships, income, etc.—until they reach problem-level status. And you struggle to focus on longer-term goals.
- You seek perfection.
The more success you have and the more money you make, the greater the pressure to keep up with that level of success. The barrier to start each subsequent project becomes unbearably high, because each time it is re-set to an even greater level, based upon the rewards of your previous project.
- You are future-focused.
Having your attention firmly on the future enables you to take action immediately, the moment you have an idea. But you rarely slow down enough to notice the impact of those déjà vu challenges that seem to re-surface, time after time.
- You don’t need help.
Well, you don’t. People are astounded by what you create. You are one of the highest-achieving people you know. And you definitely don’t need support. So you are missing your own very personal support team.
- You miss out on the “truth”.
The higher you rise, the harder it can become for you to open up with the people around you. And the higher you rise, the harder it becomes for the people around you to speak their truth. Top performers often have few people in their world willing to say exactly what they need to hear the most.
The biggest challenge facing high achievers is that their game is so much bigger than that of anyone around them. They play at a level at which most people cannot even see how much they are holding back from what is possible.
PS. The Deep Dive is back. We begin this December—and over the course of two months, including two days in Dubai—you will join a small group of committed people, with me as your coach.
You'll set yourself up for 2022, refreshed and revitalized, with a clear vision and a bold action plan.
The first 2 spots have already gone. Learn more and join me, here.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 more ways we can help you grow an extraordinary coaching business—one conversation at a time:
- Take your coaching and your client creation to the next level with Master the Prosperous Coach Approach and Master Deep Coaching… 6 weeks of live experiences with me. We begin in a couple of days. I will be setting you challenges, each week.
- Join Transition Excellence, my self-paced training on client creation. Plus, you get weekly live group calls with me and my leadership team—and you join our private Facebook group to access our incredible community. TE is designed for executives and entrepreneurs transitioning into coaching and consulting. It’s also ICF accredited.
- If you want me to draw out your genius (what makes you weird), sign up for a Branded session. I’ll draw out the stories from your past that you cannot yet tell. People often cry when I do this. And I’ll help you craft stories to create your future that have people say, “Wow!” **There are no spots left for 2021 but you can apply for your session in Jan or Feb 2022, now. It’s a massive investment in your confidence because we will craft the stories that help you create clients—for the rest of your life.
- Being a leader can be lonely but it doesn’t have to be that way… I founded 4PC because I wanted to be surrounded by coaches with a track record of success behind them and big dreams ahead of them. We have members from across the United States, Canada and Europe and our first member from Africa joins us this January. There’s a minimum 3 year commitment and a $25K/year membership fee, so this isn’t for most people. But if you’re reading this, you're not most people, right? Apply to join us in 4PC…