Sometimes you’ve just got to ask…
Ask someone for a referral.
Ask someone to be your client.
Ask someone to partner with you in business.
Everything you want right now is on the other side of an uncomfortable conversation.
Which means that your success as a coach is measured by the number of bold requests you are willing to make.
So you have one mission: ask for what you want.
If you ask, you may not get what you want, but if you don’t ask you’re guaranteed to not get what you want.
If there’s something you could gain by asking and nothing to lose, YOU SHOULD ASK.
If the worst thing that could happen from asking is the word no, YOU SHOULD ASK.
In the book, The Aladdin Factor, Jack Canfield proposes several factors to help you ask for what you want. Here are the 5 key ones:
- Know what you want
- Be passionate about what you’re asking for
- Take action in the face of fear
- Learn from your experience
- Be persistent
Interestingly, Jack says there are two other requirements: believe you are worthy to receive it and believe you can get it. My experience tells me that, although useful, neither of those are actually a requirement!
YOUR CHALLENGE THIS WEEK: ask for something you want (regardless of whether you believe you are worthy to receive it or you believe you can get it).
PS. It’s not too late to join Confidence In Action, you’ll receive the recording of the first live call, plus three bonus recordings: (1) How to Raise Your Fees. (2) The 5 Coaching Sales. (3) The Power of Commitment.
PPS. Take my Elite Coaching quiz today and uncover the #1 barrier to your coaching success.
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can become a world-class coach:
- Read 3 chapters of my next book, now and you’ll be first on the list to read it when it’s published.
- Become a Prosperous Coach. Join me in our flagship program, Project Kairos.
- Become a Thought Leader, sought out by dream clients, at The 4PC Accelerator.
- Master the power of Influence and build your own ultra-strong brand on my Deep Dive.