Have you ever noticed how hard it is for some clients to answer the simple question, “What do you want?”
Maybe you are like me… You help people achieve what they want on a daily basis, yet you also struggle to answer the question, “What do you want?”
Here’s a wonderful workaround to help people who find it hard to decide what they really want. It’s particularly good for “givers” who spend their life helping others yet unconsciously find it hard to receive, or to ask for what they want.
“Wouldn’t it be cool if…”
Give your client this sentence stem and ask them to make a list of ten possible responses. Tell them that this is not goal-setting. The items don’t have to be realistic, achievable, or even possible. And they don’t need to do anything to make them happen. They’d simply be cool!
Here are a few items from my current “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” list:
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… My boys could be actively involved in my coaching/travel experiences.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… I ran a mastermind with 6x $250K clients.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… I ran three Interesting People Dinners this year.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… my YouTube channel took off.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… I went from working 4 days a week to 3 days a week.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if… I took an entire year off. And we made more money that year than the year before!
Your turn… Send me your “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” list. I read every email that is sent to me.