I just got home from a talk on the future, by Peter Diamandis.
Peter has started over 20 companies in the areas of longevity, space, venture capital and education. He’s the founder of the X-Prize Foundation, Singularity University, The Human Longevity Institute, The Zero Gravity Corporation and Interplanetary Resources.
He’s also the author of The New York Times bestsellers Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think and BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World.
This is a man who thinks a great deal about the future.
And he’s extremely positive about it.
One of Peter’s favorite sayings is: The best way to predict the future is to create it…
Which is exactly what I do as a coach.
In a world where most people are living into a default future, I literally help my clients create their future.
What’s NOT going to change?
At the end of Peter’s talk, there was time to ask questions. And instead of asking about the exponential technology that everyone was asking about, I borrowed a question from Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon.
I asked Peter Diamandis, “What’s not going to change in the next 10 years?”
He paused for a moment to really reflect.
And his reply was beautiful, “What’s not going to change is our need for human touch, love, community, connection, a sense of purpose and a need for challenge.”
The future of coaching
I think a lot about the future – and the future of coaching.
There are already several coaching apps on the market. There’s a new form of artificial intelligence being developed for calibrated coaching. And there are deep learning simulators.
There are automatic weight loss coaches. There’s a communication coaching app that uses AI to provide instant feedback on speech, including clarity, the use of filler words, pacing and energy. There’s a sales coaching app that uses speech analytics software to record sales conversations and provide feedback. And there’s an AI coaching app that provides feedback to managers on their leadership skills, offering tips and training to help them improve.
“We are at the dawn of the robot coach,” said Holger Mueller, vice president and principal analyst for Constellation Research, in a recent interview.
Humans trump robots
I have no fear that advanced AI will replace the job of a great coach.
In fact, expert coaches will become irreplaceable role in providing the emotional and mindset support that no AI can do.
Robots can’t help people build passion, curiosity, imagination, critical thinking or grit.And AI can’t help build community, connection, a sense of purpose or the need for challenge…
If you want to build your skills as an expert coach, join me at my Deep Coaching Intensive in San Diego in April. It’s a 5-month training for extraordinary coaches.
Our Intensives are hands down the best continuing professional development for expert coaches – and those on their way.
Alumni of our Intensives include CEOs, military veterans, senior executives from the corporate world, entrepreneurs, business owners, MMA fighters, business consultants, rabbis and pastors. Our attendees range from completely new coaches to coaches with a 30-year track record.
- Reserve your spot now and you will be immediately signed up for 3 live Group Coaching video calls, led by me personally – in January, February and March.
- The Intensive will be followed by a live Deep Coaching video call a month later, to help you integrate your learnings and insights from the Intensive.
- You will begin your work with me in January and our time together doesn’t end until May 2019. Now that is what I call an Intensive!
PS. Exciting News… The acclaimed 90 Day Money Game is making its grand return! For 16 years, this unique Client Creation game has been the secret weapon for the world’s top coaches ready to create their next client. Now, it’s your opportunity to join the ranks…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can amplify your coaching impact and income:
- The Coaching In Challenging Times Playbook. The year ahead is likely to be volatile and uncertain, which is why this playbook has been downloaded by tens of thousands of coaches…
- Our Intensives have sold out for over a decade. Secure your spot now – 101 tickets have already been claimed. Choose between The Virtual RLI to unlock the secrets to a thriving coaching business. Or Join me at The Santa Fe RLI – our first in-person Intensive in 5 years, bundled with complimentary Virtual RLI access.
- Rich Litvin RAW! Dive into over 40 hours of my immersive coaching content, accessible anytime, anywhere. It’s like having a coaching seminar in your pocket!
- The Thinking Partnership: This is beyond coaching – it’s exclusive and personal support. One of my clients is a former international boxer turned elite coach, another is the founder of a global therapy school. I provoke your thinking, you take action, and your life and business transforms. One spot available.