Don’t believe your clients
Your clients will tell you that they need clarity.
They’ll say they want confidence.
They’ll ask for your support with productivity and accountability.
They’ll say things like, “I just need to believe in myself…”
Or, “I just need to be ready…”
Don’t believe them…
You DON’T need clarity, confidence, productivity, or accountability. You don’t need to believe in yourself, or to be ready…
- You need a goal to ‘come from’. NOT a goal to ‘get to’.
- You need a compass to point you in the right direction. NOT clarity.
- You need a tiny act of courage. NOT a ton of confidence.
- You need to be more creative. NOT to be more productive.
- You need to serve. NOT to sell.
- You need to be more vulnerable. NOT more strong.
- You need to ask for help. NOT to go it alone.
- You need a big mission and a tiny step. NOT accountability.
- You need someone who believes in you, until you believe in yourself. You don’t need to believe in yourself, first.
- You need to do what needs to be done BEFORE you’re ready. You don’t need to be ready.
Here’s how to work on each of them…
- A goal to come from… Imagine how you’ll feel and who you’ll be AFTER you’ve achieved your goal. Wake up each morning and ask yourself what that person would do. Go do it.
- A compass… Write down your top 3 Values and the #1 thing you want to accomplish on this earth. This is your compass. Refer to them before any decision or action. If you’re in alignment, move forward. If not, do not.
- Confidence is a result, not a requirement. Fear is often a mask for desire. (1) Think of something you want to do that scares you. (2) Write down the teeniest, tiniest next step. (3) Go do it. (4) Repeat.
- Forget trying to be “productive.” Trying to run your business by checking email every 5 minutes is like being a CEO who runs her company by sitting in the mailroom. Be creative. Creativity is your true competitive advantage.
- Serve someone so powerfully that they never forget your conversation for the rest of their life. If you truly serve someone, they’ll ask you how to get more time with you. Then you’ll need to tell them your prices.
- Vulnerability is your superpower. It’s not only ok to tell your clients your fears and doubts, they’ll appreciate you more because of it. Courage isn’t having no fear. Courage is being afraid and then doing what needs to be done, even when you’re afraid.
- You’re great at helping others but sometimes it’s your turn. Ask someone to listen to you. Ask someone to help you. It’s a sign of strength to ask for and receive support.
- Leverage “The Mama Bear Effect.” There are stories of mothers lifting a car off their child’s leg… Humans have superhuman strength when their mission is important enough. Get in touch with WHY you are doing what you’re doing.
- The most powerful words in coaching are, “I believe in you…” Find someone who says them to YOU on a regular basis.
- Look back over your life. Any adversity you overcame, you weren’t prepared for – before it happened. Any new job scared you, before you began. Say yes when an opportunity arises. Make something up – and put it out in the world. It’s ok to feel scared. And you know how to do scared.
PS. Join me to create your next high-performing, high-fee client, in Project Kairos. You get group coaching with me for 11 months. Plus, a complimentary ticket to our 2022 Intensive. The first 4 cohorts of Project Kairos all sold out. PK5 begins in June and there are only 8 spots left. Reserve your spot now…
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you build the confidence, skills and the powerful language you need to enroll high-performing, high-fee clients.
- Uplevel your coaching skills by watching me coach two top performers, for 6 weeks. The Pygmalion Effect is a powerful secret weapon to nudge your clients towards success. I’ll coach Bella, as she builds a boutique practice with high-level clients. And I’ll coach Dan, as he generates a million dollars for charity. I’ll coach them and I’ll teach you. We begin this Friday. Your Investment is $597.
- Want to master The Prosperous Coach Approach? Reserve your spot for our 2022 Intensive. The 2021 Intensive sold out almost 3 months ago. And the first 36 spots for the 2022 Intensive have already been reserved. Early bird price $1397. Regular price $2297.
- Successful coaches can feel frustrated that they’re still a “best kept secret.” The 4PC Accelerator will get you to stand out as a trusted advisor, in a noisy, overcrowded market. Join me to write your book, create your own intellectual property and build your own community—so that dream clients call you. You’ll leverage your expertise and massively increase your impact. Your Investment: $5K. Regular Price $6K.
- 4PC is my private club for top performers with access to a huge array of support and connection. Do you have a track record of success behind you and a big mission ahead of you? Then, apply now to join us in August 2021 or February 2022.
Oh, and we’ve just re-opened the doors to Transition Excellence. You can find out if you’re ready to make the transition to an in-demand, world-class, leadership coach (in 100 days or less) by downloading our brochure…