The one criteria most coaches overlook in creating their dream client
A coach asked me a great question:
“Did you reach a point where you had to go fishing in a bigger ocean when you were first charging $20k a year? Or did you just serve whoever showed up, and that was sufficient?”
Both! Our metaphors define our reality, so I am very careful about the metaphors I use.
I serve, I don’t “fish.”
Fishing is an outdated metaphor for sales. Sales is about serving the person in front of me, in the best way I can, one powerful conversation at a time.
For many years, my one-line business plan read: “Meet fun and interesting people.”
And then I realized that a single word was missing…
The plan changed to read: “Meet fun, interesting and RESOURCEFUL people.”
I don’t look for “wealthy” clients, or “successful” clients, or clients with a “huge pile of cash.”
It took me a year to create the money to hire Steve Chandler as my coach.
I had to work really hard to create the funds to hire Steve Hardison as my coach.
More recently, it took me two years to create the resources of money – and more importantly time – to join my current Mastermind group.
It’s taken me five years to slowly add more members to my team to the size it is now.
I’d hire two more team members on the spot right now if I had the resources. But I don’t. So, I am creating them.
What is the one missing criteria you could begin to look for in a dream client?
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.