How to name your coaching program
A coach in my private community asked me: “Should I call my program group coaching or a mastermind?”
Here’s how I replied to her:
It’s language and feelings all the way down…
People aren’t buying coaching, group coaching, or a mastermind. They are buying how you make them feel.
People aren’t buying stuff, they’re buying stories. So learn to tell great stories and you’ll have all the clients you ever need.
I’ve definitely used the names “group coaching” and “mastermind,” over the years. But these days I like names that no one else can replicate. Names with a story behind them, like 4PC, or Project Kairos, The RLI, or The Deep Dive.
- 4PC is an acronym for The 4 Percent Club. My community of high-level leaders. It also refers to Steven Kotler’s 4% rule for top performers who want to truly fly: “the challenge should be 4 percent greater than the skills.”
- Project Kairos is my community of coaches who want to become world-class at enrollment. Being fully present is the single most important skill for creating clients and Kairos is the ancient Greek word for “the right moment.”
- The RLI. The Rich Litvin Intensive. After all, who can replicate that?!
- The Deep Dive. Because a handful of clients are ready to risk going really deep with me…
Make up a name for your program that feels good to you. Then get back into serving people as powerfully as you can.
There was a time when no one had heard of 4PC or the RLI. They’re only a thing because I’ve been talking about them for almost ten years.
Another way to choose a name for your program is to ask yourself:
What are the top 3 outcomes for clients when they work with you?
My client’s answer to this question was: “wholehearted alignment to who you are & what you want, deep rooted connection to your higher infinite self, unbreakable trust and self belief no matter how the future unfolds.”
Great outcomes but the problem was that she was attempting to sell people what they “need.”
You’ve actually got to sell people what they want. And then give them what they need!
Here are the kind of things people want… More money. Better relationships. Higher status. Career success. Being healthier. Bigger muscles. Smaller stomach. More clients. Better buy-in from their board of directors. Ability to negotiate a higher salary. Greater vitality.
Find out what your clients want and base your name around the outcome they want most.
Here’s the thing… underneath everything I teach is one fundamental principle: Sell the experience of coaching, not the concept of coaching.
So, whatever name you make up, get back to serving your ass off as quickly as you can, if you truly want to create your next client.
PS. Dramatically increase your confidence as a coach by mastering enrolling clients. Drastically increase your ability to raise your fees and up-level your clients. And learn to have fun making money. Join me on The 90 Day Money Game. There’s still time to join us…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Assess your current coaching level and learn how to get to your next level. Read – or remind yourself of – The Litvin Levels, from The Prosperous Coach.
- Watch me coach some of the top coaches on the planet, in order to drastically uplevel your coaching skills. Join me on How To Coach A Superhero: The 4PC edition.
- Imagine joining a Deep Coaching experience alongside the members of 4PC, my community of high-level coaches… We only offer The 4PC Accelerator once a year and it always sells out in advance. Save $1,000 with early-bird pricing.
- Learn how to enroll and coach successful, talented and ambitious clients – with power and impact. Join my flagship program, Project Kairos – for 8 months of guidance, challenge and support to master creating clients.