How to name your coaching program
A coach in my private community asked me: “Should I call my program group coaching or a mastermind?”
Here’s how I replied to her:
It’s language and feelings all the way down…
People aren’t buying coaching, group coaching, or a mastermind. They are buying how you make them feel.
People aren’t buying stuff, they’re buying stories. So learn to tell great stories and you’ll have all the clients you ever need.
I’ve definitely used the names “group coaching” and “mastermind,” over the years. But these days I like names that no one else can replicate. Names with a story behind them, like 4PC, or Project Kairos, The RLI, or The Deep Dive.
- 4PC is an acronym for The 4 Percent Club. My community of high-level leaders. It also refers to Steven Kotler’s 4% rule for top performers who want to truly fly: “the challenge should be 4 percent greater than the skills.”
- Project Kairos is my community of coaches who want to become world-class at enrollment. Being fully present is the single most important skill for creating clients and Kairos is the ancient Greek word for “the right moment.”
- The RLI. The Rich Litvin Intensive. After all, who can replicate that?!
- The Deep Dive. Because a handful of clients are ready to risk going really deep with me…
Make up a name for your program that feels good to you. Then get back into serving people as powerfully as you can.
There was a time when no one had heard of 4PC or the RLI. They’re only a thing because I’ve been talking about them for almost ten years.
Another way to choose a name for your program is to ask yourself:
What are the top 3 outcomes for clients when they work with you?
My client’s answer to this question was: “wholehearted alignment to who you are & what you want, deep rooted connection to your higher infinite self, unbreakable trust and self belief no matter how the future unfolds.”
Great outcomes but the problem was that she was attempting to sell people what they “need.”
You’ve actually got to sell people what they want. And then give them what they need!
Here are the kind of things people want… More money. Better relationships. Higher status. Career success. Being healthier. Bigger muscles. Smaller stomach. More clients. Better buy-in from their board of directors. Ability to negotiate a higher salary. Greater vitality.
Find out what your clients want and base your name around the outcome they want most.
Here’s the thing… underneath everything I teach is one fundamental principle: Sell the experience of coaching, not the concept of coaching.
So, whatever name you make up, get back to serving your ass off as quickly as you can, if you truly want to create your next client.
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.