Testimonials are written or video endorsements of the impact of your coaching. They are a wonderful way to demonstrate social proof because their endorsement says, “I trust you…” and that you can deliver.
If you want great testimonials, it’s very simple. You need to ask for them. And there are 4 questions that will draw out the answers that your future clients really need to hear.
Referrals are a direct recommendation of your services. It’s a powerful referral when someone looks a friend in the eyes or calls them to say, “If you want coaching you have to speak to Rich…” A referral happens the moment someone tells another person that they trust you. It makes a real impact.
If you want great referrals, it’s very simple. You need to ask for them. And there is a system that will create excellent referrals from your clients.
Here’s the thing: referrals are the platinum standard of business. They have at least 10 times the power of testimonials.
People will sometimes write a nice testimonial to be kind, or because they feel awkward to say no. No one will ever give a great referral for a service that felt even slightly under par. You’d never refer a crappy plumber. Imagine telling your friend or your boss to sign up for coaching with a coach you found to be underwhelming in their impact…
If you want people to trust you when they look you up online—and it’s the very first thing they’ll do after they meet you, or hear about you—make sure your website and your LinkedIn profile have awesome testimonials.
If you want to build a word-of-mouth business—make sure you ask for referrals from your very best clients. The moment I began asking members of 4PC for referrals to other extraordinary coaches who are making a big difference, the caliber of applications went up ten-fold.
On a scale of 1-10, how good are you at asking for testimonials? On a scale of 1-10, how great are the testimonials on your website or LinkedIn?
On a scale of 1-10, how good are you at asking for referrals? On a scale of 1-10, how many of your referrals turn into extraordinary clients?
PS. Join me on one of my upcoming Deep Dive coaching experiences:
- Find Your Mission: The Los Angeles Deep Dive will help you develop a mission that’s powerfully aligned with your values.
- Serve Profoundly: The London Deep Dive will help you drastically increase your influence so you can serve more people than you can possibly imagine.
Spaces are limited to maintain an intimate, high-impact experience. Reserve your spot today.
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach…
- One Milllllion Dollars! Join 200+ coaches for transformational learning.
- The Elite Coach’s Transformation Series: Access my suite of 6 exclusive, comprehensive, coaching tools.
- Rich Litvin RAW!: Immerse yourself in over 40 hours of my coaching.
- Exclusive Opportunity: Become my Protégé in 2024: Radically transform every aspect of your life and business with my personal coaching. Only one spot available. Apply for an interview now… Your investment: $100K. Your ROI: priceless transformation.