Stop trying to blend in. Learn to stand out.
I spent part of this summer on safari in Northern Tanzania.
Our guide told us that there are two strategies that animals use for survival.
Blend in. Or stand out.
Most animals have evolved to blend in. Both predators and prey use camouflage, or they mimic others, or they apply the principle of safety in numbers.
It’s the rare creature that stands out to survive.
Some birds have bright colors so they can attract a mate. Some poisonous insects have evolved with bright colors, to ensure that predators see them and recognize them as poisonous. Some predators, like birds of prey, don’t need to hide from the creatures they hunt. And of course, humans have evolved an intelligence smart enough to find ways to hide or hunt, without the need for natural camouflage.
Animals on the African savanna spend most of their time scanning the horizon for danger. They are in mortal fear for much of their lives.
But you are not an animal fighting to survive on the plains of Africa.
You’re here to thrive.
The biggest gift you can give your clients is to be successful.
Stop trying to blend in. Stop copying others. Stop sounding like others. Stop focusing on danger.
Create opportunities for yourself. No one is coming to save you.
When you’re 70% ready, go.
Have a point of view.
Make stuff up.
Make a noise.
Stop trying to blend in.
And learn to stand out.
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.