Recently, I’ve been coaching the new CEO of a multi-million dollar medical equipment company.
It’s a business that has been running for 35 years. Many of the employees have been in the company for over 18 years. It’s a company with an unparalleled reputation in its industry.
The new CEO is a real visionary. He wants to take revenues to $30 Million in ten years. (Although, I’ve challenged him to do it in less than five!)
Below is the advert he placed recently for a new technician.
In a world where most technician ads are a list of responsibilities, duties, requirements and certifications required, this advert was like a breath of fresh air.
Bear in mind that this wasn’t a clever ad for his new Vice President. This was an ad for an entry level position at the company.
– Are your tools as clean as your toothbrush?
– Were Legos your favorite toy and you still feel compelled to play with them when a kid busts them out?
– Have you ever imagined your entire house clad in stainless steel?
– Do you think of Duct Tape as a building material?
– Can you spot a 69 Camaro from 3 miles away by the shape of the taillights?
– Have you ever used Krazy Glue to fix a wound?
– Do you love the smell of argon?
– Do you consider a beautifully designed machine artwork?
– Have you ever built a piece of furniture out of plumbing fittings?
– Are you the type of person that does a parts list check before assembling a piece of Ikea furniture?
– Is your garage the most organized space in your house?
– Are your fingerprints visible because of the permanently trapped grease?
If so, contact me.
Don’t send a resume, I don’t care where you worked and what you did yesterday.
I need the right person tomorrow. Tell me WHY you are the right person.
He was overwhelmed with responses, even a few angry ones.
But one email stood out from the rest.
He met the guy and knew instinctively that this was his man and he was hired on the spot.
If you’re going to 10X your business you bring the principle of HELL YES to every interaction, to every conversation, to every new hire…
P.S. If you want to be an Extraordinary Coach, stop solving the ‘problems’ your clients bring to the table.
Instead, dive deeper into their dreams and their desires than they’ve ever dared to go.
Help them dream bigger than they’ve ever dreamed.
And then help them get there.
One tiny step at a time.
And they’ll be grateful to you for ever…
Join us at the upcoming Extraordinary Coach Intensive. A few seats still remain. Secure yours here: http://richlitvin.com/intensive