One Hell Yes At A Time
Recently, I’ve been coaching the new CEO of a multi-million dollar medical equipment company.
It’s a business that has been running for 35 years. Many of the employees have been in the company for over 18 years. It’s a company with an unparalleled reputation in its industry.
The new CEO is a real visionary. He wants to take revenues to $30 Million in ten years. (Although, I’ve challenged him to do it in less than five!)
Below is the advert he placed recently for a new technician.
In a world where most technician ads are a list of responsibilities, duties, requirements and certifications required, this advert was like a breath of fresh air.
Bear in mind that this wasn’t a clever ad for his new Vice President. This was an ad for an entry level position at the company.
– Are your tools as clean as your toothbrush?
– Were Legos your favorite toy and you still feel compelled to play with them when a kid busts them out?
– Have you ever imagined your entire house clad in stainless steel?
– Do you think of Duct Tape as a building material?
– Can you spot a 69 Camaro from 3 miles away by the shape of the taillights?
– Have you ever used Krazy Glue to fix a wound?
– Do you love the smell of argon?
– Do you consider a beautifully designed machine artwork?
– Have you ever built a piece of furniture out of plumbing fittings?
– Are you the type of person that does a parts list check before assembling a piece of Ikea furniture?
– Is your garage the most organized space in your house?
– Are your fingerprints visible because of the permanently trapped grease?
If so, contact me.
Don’t send a resume, I don’t care where you worked and what you did yesterday.
I need the right person tomorrow. Tell me WHY you are the right person.
He was overwhelmed with responses, even a few angry ones.
But one email stood out from the rest.
He met the guy and knew instinctively that this was his man and he was hired on the spot.
If you’re going to 10X your business you bring the principle of HELL YES to every interaction, to every conversation, to every new hire…
P.S. If you want to be an Extraordinary Coach, stop solving the ‘problems’ your clients bring to the table.
Instead, dive deeper into their dreams and their desires than they’ve ever dared to go.
Help them dream bigger than they’ve ever dreamed.
And then help them get there.
One tiny step at a time.
And they’ll be grateful to you for ever…
Join us at the upcoming Extraordinary Coach Intensive. A few seats still remain. Secure yours here: http://richl1.sg-host.com/intensive
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.