I recently wrote about my belief that everyone is a top performer.
And that’s hard for some people to see.
After I wrote that article, a coach emailed me:
Dear Rich, I think it’s great that you’re working with all these top performers. It’s amazing and impressive. I’ve been coaching 20 years, the last six years as an ICF certified coach.
My question is will you ever have something for just “normal people“?
It’s great to be a high performer but I want to know how to get to that level.
I really like what you have to say. I just want you to bring it down a notch to people who aren’t at the very, very top of their game but really want to get there…
I got curious because he said he’d been coaching for 20 years. That’s a really long time, so he must be doing something right. And I researched him online.
Here’s what I wrote back to him:
______, I see that you have over 15 years of leadership experience at a billion dollar corporation (I looked you up on LinkedIn).
Plus, you have 20 years coaching experience. You’ve been a full-time coach for over 5 years. You have an executive coaching certification from a top university. And you’ve been a volunteer for many years…
You do yourself a disservice not to see what a high performer you are.
People often miss that at the heart of the word extraordinary is the word ordinary… “Normal” people – as you call them – are often far more powerful than they know.
Here’s his reply:
Thank you for the quick response to my email. You seriously made my day with your affirming, validating comments.
Thanks for pointing out this blind spot. Thank you for taking the time to invest in me. I want you to know that it means very much.
It’s too easy to dismiss your previous career when you transition into coaching. Many of the coaches I’ve helped to thrive have 5, 10 or even 20+ years of success behind them, in another field.
I do one thing extraordinarily well: I help successful leaders become successful coaches.
I coach them and I teach them but often the single most important thing I do is that I surround them with other coaches who have been successful leaders.
And I can be sure of one thing, as you read these words: You are far more powerful than you think.
If you’d like to join a community where I regularly remind leaders and coaches that they are far more powerful than they think – there are 4 ways to do so:
1. The Rich Litvin Intensive – we focus on you creating your next client – whether that’s a $5K client or a $50K+ client. There is only one RLI, this year. It’s at the end of April, in San Diego. 150 people. They always sell out.
2. The Deep Dive – an intimate way to be coached by me, in a small group. 10 people. 3 days. A lifetime of insights. We’ve run 8 and every one has sold out. Chicago, Amsterdam and LA have spots available.
3. 4PC – our community of highly successful leaders. There’s a single spot left for August entry and the possibility to reserve your spot for January 2021. Apply for a personal call with me, to discuss if this is right for you.
4. The 4PC Immersion – New! A chance for only 50 coaches and leaders to learn from me and the members of 4PC. October 2020 in San Diego. Sign up for the Wait List and you’ll be first to get the details when this is announced, in a few days.
PS. Exciting News… The acclaimed 90 Day Money Game is making its grand return! For 16 years, this unique Client Creation game has been the secret weapon for the world’s top coaches ready to create their next client. Now, it’s your opportunity to join the ranks…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can amplify your coaching impact and income:
- The Coaching In Challenging Times Playbook. The year ahead is likely to be volatile and uncertain, which is why this playbook has been downloaded by tens of thousands of coaches…
- Our Intensives have sold out for over a decade. Secure your spot now – 101 tickets have already been claimed. Choose between The Virtual RLI to unlock the secrets to a thriving coaching business. Or Join me at The Santa Fe RLI – our first in-person Intensive in 5 years, bundled with complimentary Virtual RLI access.
- Rich Litvin RAW! Dive into over 40 hours of my immersive coaching content, accessible anytime, anywhere. It’s like having a coaching seminar in your pocket!
- The Thinking Partnership: This is beyond coaching – it’s exclusive and personal support. One of my clients is a former international boxer turned elite coach, another is the founder of a global therapy school. I provoke your thinking, you take action, and your life and business transforms. One spot available.