Prosperous Coach 2.0
I wrote The Prosperous Coach, with my friend Steve Chandler, almost 8 years ago—and it has stood the test of time. It has been in the top 20 books about coaching on Amazon ever since it was published. It’s sold over 75,000 copies and it continues to sell 1,000 copies a month. In fact, just last month, we had our highest number of sales ever. We’ve never asked for a review but it’s had over 600 on Amazon—93% are 4* and 5*. And it’s gotten 1,280 reviews on Audible—almost all are 4* and 5*.
I don’t say any of this to brag. I’m very proud of it.
Look, whatever you do, you’ll also have people who criticize you. When the book was first published, we had a handful of positive reviews from clients and colleagues but one day I called Steve in horror to tell him we’d just received two negative reviews. He laughed and replied, “That’s great, Rich. Now we’ve really made it!”
Here are a few of my favorite negative reviews:
- This book is an active disservice to anyone interested in making a living coaching.
- This book is a total 100% ripoff. I returned it. Total BS and frankly I am very upset they wasted my time buying this book.
- I found it interesting that they choose to use larger print so their book would be bigger and thus present as more credible.
On a regular basis I get asked why the paperback is so expensive. It currently sells for around $50. And I used to be a little apologetic about that because the publisher sets the price, not me. But recently I met an incredibly successful entrepreneur who was referred to me by a mutual friend. He told me that he’d googled me before we met. And then he said, “When I saw your book was so expensive but that it also had so many great reviews, I knew that you had something valuable to teach me.”
I’ve stopped apologizing for the price of the book.
Now, we wrote that book 8 years ago and much has changed in the world in that time. We wrote The Prosperous Coach to be a timeless book but that doesn’t mean that we can’t add new ideas and distinctions. In this short video, I share some of my very latest thinking—in what I call Prosperous Coach 2.0.
As you watch, I invite you to listen for insight not for agreement…
You see, most people listen for agreement. You’ll notice them either nodding when they agree with a speaker, or shaking their head, when they disagree. That way of listening won’t create any value for you. It will simply reinforce the way that you already see the world.
When you listen for insight, instead of agreement, you scan for the single idea that can have the biggest impact. When you listen for insight, you hear something you disagree with and ask yourself, “But what if it was true?”
After you’ve watched, write to me. Tell me your single biggest insight—and how you’ll apply it.
PS. I ran an “Ask Me Anything” session where I discussed 5 things: (1) How to enroll high performing, high fee clients. (2) How to coach highly successful people. (3) The game that will take your coaching practice to the next level. (4) The tool that will have dream clients wanting to speak with you. (5) The power of a 20 minute chat and a 90 minute coaching conversation—and the right time and the wrong time to use each of them. Click on the image below to watch the instant replay.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you build the confidence, skills and the powerful language you need to enroll high-performing, high-fee clients.
- Read my Playbook for Coaching in Challenging Times – Leadership is hard but you can do hard. My playbook will give you 10 distinctions to support you and your clients, whenever times are uncertain, challenging or even scary.
- Transition Excellence – 100 days of self-paced learning and group teaching/coaching with me. You will be a pioneer in our first ever cohort. 15 spots left.
- Project Kairos – 9 months of live teaching and coaching from me—from January 2021 to September 2021. Deep Coaching on Zoom, month after month. A complete immersion into high-level coaching and client creation. Plus, you get a complimentary $1,500 ticket to the Rich Litvin Intensive in April 2021.
- The 4PC Accelerator – Accelerate your progress by 20 Years in 9 Days. I’ll be training you to step up—and out—as a thought leader. Be warned, this is a high pressure environment—where we will challenge you and stretch your thinking, so you can challenge you and stretch your clients. Plus, you’ll learn how to develop your own community of top performers and become known as the expert in your field. Only 9 spots left
PS. The Deep Dive is back. We begin this December—and over the course of two months, including two days in Dubai—you will join a small group of committed people, with me as your coach.
You'll set yourself up for 2022, refreshed and revitalized, with a clear vision and a bold action plan.
The first 2 spots have already gone. Learn more and join me, here.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 more ways we can help you grow an extraordinary coaching business—one conversation at a time:
- Take your coaching and your client creation to the next level with Master the Prosperous Coach Approach and Master Deep Coaching… 6 weeks of live experiences with me. We begin in a couple of days. I will be setting you challenges, each week.
- Join Transition Excellence, my self-paced training on client creation. Plus, you get weekly live group calls with me and my leadership team—and you join our private Facebook group to access our incredible community. TE is designed for executives and entrepreneurs transitioning into coaching and consulting. It’s also ICF accredited.
- If you want me to draw out your genius (what makes you weird), sign up for a Branded session. I’ll draw out the stories from your past that you cannot yet tell. People often cry when I do this. And I’ll help you craft stories to create your future that have people say, “Wow!” **There are no spots left for 2021 but you can apply for your session in Jan or Feb 2022, now. It’s a massive investment in your confidence because we will craft the stories that help you create clients—for the rest of your life.
- Being a leader can be lonely but it doesn’t have to be that way… I founded 4PC because I wanted to be surrounded by coaches with a track record of success behind them and big dreams ahead of them. We have members from across the United States, Canada and Europe and our first member from Africa joins us this January. There’s a minimum 3 year commitment and a $25K/year membership fee, so this isn’t for most people. But if you’re reading this, you're not most people, right? Apply to join us in 4PC…