What you can’t see in this photo is that it was taken after a 2 hour couples therapy session (on zoom, of course).
We shouted. We cried. The last few months have been really intense on us. Work. Homeschooling. Kids. More work. More homeschooling. Social distancing. Kids. 24/7. Non-stop. Missing friends. Missing family.
It was a rough therapy session. We didn’t hold anything back.
But after we finished crying – and the therapy was over – we held each other. Tightly. For a long time.
When we let go, we were smiling. And Monique said, Let’s take a photo.
But you wouldn’t know any of that from this photo.
Monique posted it on Facebook later that day. It got 264 likes and dozens of hearts.
But no one knew the real story behind it.
There are two dangerous parts to being online
1) We often scroll through social media, when we’re feeling sad. Or lonely. Or empty. Or unhappy.
Like shopping when you’re hungry, that’s a really bad idea…
Stop comparing your WORST moments with everyone else’s HIGHLIGHT REEL.
2) I’ve never seen a highly successful person, or a high net worth individual, post on social media how much money they make. Never.
And, if another person tried to convince me that they were homeless last month but now they’re making 7 figures. From the beach. And that for only $19.99 a month, they’ll share their entire proprietary process… 🤦🏻♂️
Too many struggling marketers and coaches use social media to sell a great story. It’s just not their story. Unless you’re a Kardashian, you’ll never post a photo of your family online in a private jet. And you can rent a private jet for an hour, just to take your Instagram photos. Yes, that’s a thing!
People don’t tell the truth. Especially about money.
Don’t believe the hype around money, or success – when it’s posted on social media.
P.S. Do you want to coach elite top performers? Do you want to find out how I coach world-class martial artists, Special Forces Operatives, high level entrepreneurs or the leaders of multi-million dollar corporations? For the first time ever, I am going to teach you how. The doors to my new program, CETP, close at 12pm Pacific Time on Friday, June 19th.
PLUS… Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you increase your income and your impact:
- CREATE HIGH LEVEL PROGRAMS… Become more creative than any coach you know. Develop coaching experiences, or Intellectual Property, or programs that generate money when you’re asleep. Join me on a 2 hour live training. Or get my support to create your very own IP..
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH TALENT… The ability to learn faster than your competitors is the only sustainable competitive advantage. If you want to accelerate your skills and talents by immersing yourself in a community of top performers, join us in the first ever 4PC Accelerator.
- CREATE HIGH-PERFORMING, HIGH-FEE CLIENTS… The 3rd cohort of Project Kairos is about to begin. Week after week, until February 2021, I’ll be your mentor. There’s no theory. You bring in real issues and we resolve them. My client is about to complete their contract. How do I renew them? I coached a CEO who said they wanted to begin coaching but then they went silent. What do I do? I struggle with making proposals. I find it hard to explain what I do. How do I enroll the dream client I just met? Only 4 spots left.
- JOIN MY COMMUNITY OF EXTRAORDINARY LEADERS… Are you tired of being the most interesting person in the room? Would you like to be challenged at the very highest levels? There are just 2 spots left in 4PC for our August entry. Or you could reserve your spot for February 2021, as we are almost full. Apply for an interview with me.