Stop comparing your worst moments with everyone else’s highlight reel
What you can’t see in this photo is that it was taken after a 2 hour couples therapy session (on zoom, of course).
We shouted. We cried. The last few months have been really intense on us. Work. Homeschooling. Kids. More work. More homeschooling. Social distancing. Kids. 24/7. Non-stop. Missing friends. Missing family.
It was a rough therapy session. We didn’t hold anything back.
But after we finished crying – and the therapy was over – we held each other. Tightly. For a long time.
When we let go, we were smiling. And Monique said, Let’s take a photo.
But you wouldn’t know any of that from this photo.
Monique posted it on Facebook later that day. It got 264 likes and dozens of hearts.
But no one knew the real story behind it.
There are two dangerous parts to being online
1) We often scroll through social media, when we’re feeling sad. Or lonely. Or empty. Or unhappy.
Like shopping when you’re hungry, that’s a really bad idea…
Stop comparing your WORST moments with everyone else’s HIGHLIGHT REEL.
2) I’ve never seen a highly successful person, or a high net worth individual, post on social media how much money they make. Never.
And, if another person tried to convince me that they were homeless last month but now they’re making 7 figures. From the beach. And that for only $19.99 a month, they’ll share their entire proprietary process… 🤦🏻♂️
Too many struggling marketers and coaches use social media to sell a great story. It’s just not their story. Unless you’re a Kardashian, you’ll never post a photo of your family online in a private jet. And you can rent a private jet for an hour, just to take your Instagram photos. Yes, that’s a thing!
People don’t tell the truth. Especially about money.
Don’t believe the hype around money, or success – when it’s posted on social media.
PS. Dramatically increase your confidence as a coach by mastering enrolling clients. Drastically increase your ability to raise your fees and up-level your clients. And learn to have fun making money. Join me on The 90 Day Money Game. There’s still time to join us…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Assess your current coaching level and learn how to get to your next level. Read – or remind yourself of – The Litvin Levels, from The Prosperous Coach.
- Watch me coach some of the top coaches on the planet, in order to drastically uplevel your coaching skills. Join me on How To Coach A Superhero: The 4PC edition.
- Imagine joining a Deep Coaching experience alongside the members of 4PC, my community of high-level coaches… We only offer The 4PC Accelerator once a year and it always sells out in advance. Save $1,000 with early-bird pricing.
- Learn how to enroll and coach successful, talented and ambitious clients – with power and impact. Join my flagship program, Project Kairos – for 8 months of guidance, challenge and support to master creating clients.