This was tough to write and tougher to share. You see, there’s a reason I’m not smiling in this photo.
I’ve always had pretty good teeth. Pretty straight. Pretty white. No fillings. And then – out of the blue – my dentist recommended Invisalign…
Turns out that, as you get older, if your teeth are at even a little angle, that can become more and more pronounced.
So, in the hope of having a great smile for the rest of my life, I agreed.
Yesterday, I put in the transparent aligners for the first time. They are extremely uncomfortable. And I feel extremely self-conscious.
I was explaining this to a friend who told me that she had been fitted for Invisalign several years ago. She wore them for the first month – of the eight months that were required – and then she quit. “They were too uncomfortable and I was too self-conscious,” she told me.
I don’t want that to be me, I thought. Invisalign is uncomfortable and I’m feeling self-conscious. But I’m committed. I’m in it for the long haul.
And that’s the biggest difference between successful coaches and struggling coaches. Commitment.
A coach just sent me a lovely email, telling me that she was really drawn to Project Kairos:
“Something draws me to it, calls me to it… and it scares me so much. Not because I doubt its value or its fantastic content… I have viewed all the testimonials and videos from past participants, so I am certain it offers a lot. You offer a lot throughout its duration.
What scares me is the amount of investment associated with it.
Can you promise me that if I choose Project Kairos, my monetary investment will pay off and that I will join the 6 figure earners soon enough? (I’d love to buy a nice apartment in London.)”
My reply was 5 words:
“I cannot promise you that.”
There are 3 critical questions that all clients must ask themselves:
- Are you willing to get uncomfortable?
- Are you willing to feel self-conscious?
- Are you willing to commit to the long haul?
You cannot promise any client that their willingness to do these three things will definitely lead to future success. But it’s a rare moment indeed that success comes without a willingness to get uncomfortable, to feel self-conscious or to commit to the long haul.
What are you up to, right now, that requires getting uncomfortable, feeling self-conscious and a commitment to the long haul?
PS. Project Kairos just began but it’s not too late to join me. You’ll get the recordings of the calls you miss. Master Creating Clients in the last Project Kairos I will ever run. Sign up now, and you still get a gift ticket to my upcoming program: $100K Clients!
PLUS, here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your impact and your income:
- Join my 2 new short programs, $100K Clients and One Milllllion Dollars! There’s a button at the bottom of either page that allows you to join both programs and save almost $300…
- Get my support as a Thinking Partner. This is for one successful entrepreneur or coach who wants to have their thinking provoked and to be challenged – on everything!
- Become my Protégé. This is for a single coach who wants my mentoring to help them transform every element of their coaching business – mastering The Prosperous Coach Approach, writing books, scaling your business, building a team, or becoming known as a Thought Leader…
- Want to work with me but not sure where to start? Check out our coaching journey and pick the program that suits you best.