Uncomfortable and self-conscious
This was tough to write and tougher to share. You see, there’s a reason I’m not smiling in this photo.
I’ve always had pretty good teeth. Pretty straight. Pretty white. No fillings. And then – out of the blue – my dentist recommended Invisalign…
Turns out that, as you get older, if your teeth are at even a little angle, that can become more and more pronounced.
So, in the hope of having a great smile for the rest of my life, I agreed.
Yesterday, I put in the transparent aligners for the first time. They are extremely uncomfortable. And I feel extremely self-conscious.
I was explaining this to a friend who told me that she had been fitted for Invisalign several years ago. She wore them for the first month – of the eight months that were required – and then she quit. “They were too uncomfortable and I was too self-conscious,” she told me.
I don’t want that to be me, I thought. Invisalign is uncomfortable and I’m feeling self-conscious. But I’m committed. I’m in it for the long haul.
And that’s the biggest difference between successful coaches and struggling coaches. Commitment.
A coach just sent me a lovely email, telling me that she was really drawn to Project Kairos:
“Something draws me to it, calls me to it… and it scares me so much. Not because I doubt its value or its fantastic content… I have viewed all the testimonials and videos from past participants, so I am certain it offers a lot. You offer a lot throughout its duration.
What scares me is the amount of investment associated with it.
Can you promise me that if I choose Project Kairos, my monetary investment will pay off and that I will join the 6 figure earners soon enough? (I’d love to buy a nice apartment in London.)”
My reply was 5 words:
“I cannot promise you that.”
There are 3 critical questions that all clients must ask themselves:
- Are you willing to get uncomfortable?
- Are you willing to feel self-conscious?
- Are you willing to commit to the long haul?
You cannot promise any client that their willingness to do these three things will definitely lead to future success. But it’s a rare moment indeed that success comes without a willingness to get uncomfortable, to feel self-conscious or to commit to the long haul.
What are you up to, right now, that requires getting uncomfortable, feeling self-conscious and a commitment to the long haul?
PS. In the spirit of you can never tell them enough! Here are my favorite resources for you…
- Here’s my podcast, 1 Insight
- Here’s the book that started it all, The Prosperous Coach (and the UK version)
- Here’s my YouTube channel
- Here’s the best of my writing
- Here’s a link to the programs that will change your life. Just saying!
PPS. There are just 5 spots left to join me at my once-a-year 4PC Accelerator and become a Powerful Coach… Command fees beyond the range of most coaches. Become sought after by clients. Develop provocative ideas. Build a body of work. And learn from my special guest: my friend/coach/consultant, Daniel Priestley. Daniel has built successful multi-million dollar businesses in Australia, UK and Singapore. He is a best-selling author and he’ll be teaching us a tool that literally gets potential clients knocking at your door. That’s not hyperbole, I’ve been using it for over 5 years…
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Join Project Kairos to truly master The Prosperous Coach Approach. Don’t miss out…
- Join me on two of my most popular programs: In How to Coach a Superhero, you’ll learn how to coach highly successful clients and do high-level group coaching. In Money. Money. Money, you’ll handle your limiting beliefs around money, and become financially fearless. There’s a special price to join both…
- Join me for a desert coaching adventure – at The Deep Dive, in Dubai, this December – to sit on one of my legendary hot seats… Only 2 spots left.
- If you get high on exciting ideas and like to act fast, there’s a single spot left to become my Protegé. You’ll absolutely transform your coaching business (and yourself). It’s a two year commitment and a $100K investment. Or reserve the final spot for a Thinking Partnership in 2022. You’ll join my 1:1 client alumni – some of the most extraordinary and successful coaches and leaders out there – including, Mark Silverman, Sumi Krishnan, Kelly Ramon, Jennifer Gresham, Jackie Knechtel, Todd Buterbaugh, Helen MacMillan, Annabel Hands, Becky Strauss, Christina Berkley, Jeanine Becker, Vanessa Horn, Terrance Thames, Destin Gerek, Evelyne Brink, Chris Libutti, Townsend Wardlaw, Tatiana Poliakova, Sylvia Rhode-Liebenau, Sara Milne Rowe, Madelaine Vallin, Gisela Lowenstein, Tracey Russell, Patty Ivey.