My son’s preschool teacher once sent me a great article on what children say vs what they mean:
“I had it first” = “I want it. Now!”
“I hate you!” = “I’m angry.”
“You’re a meanie” = “I’m mad at you. I want my way.”
Just like little kids, your clients often don’t say what they mean…
A great coach listens between their clients’ words
They listen for what is not being said.
They listen to the question behind the question.
They pay attention to the real issue, not the presenting issue.
Your clients don’t always mean what they say, or say what they mean.
It’s your job to decipher what’s really going on.
Draw out their secret desires and their deepest fears.
Draw out their gifts, their hidden gifts and the dark side of their gifts.
Get curious about how they think, not just what they think.
Get curious about where their motivation and their energy come from.
Listen to the content of their stories and then draw out the real context of the situation.
PS. Join me on one of my upcoming Deep Dive coaching experiences:
- Find Your Mission: The Los Angeles Deep Dive will help you develop a mission that’s powerfully aligned with your values.
- Serve Profoundly: The London Deep Dive will help you drastically increase your influence so you can serve more people than you can possibly imagine.
Spaces are limited to maintain an intimate, high-impact experience. Reserve your spot today.
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach…
- One Milllllion Dollars! Join 200+ coaches for transformational learning.
- The Elite Coach’s Transformation Series: Access my suite of 6 exclusive, comprehensive, coaching tools.
- Rich Litvin RAW!: Immerse yourself in over 40 hours of my coaching.
- Exclusive Opportunity: Become my Protégé in 2024: Radically transform every aspect of your life and business with my personal coaching. Only one spot available. Apply for an interview now… Your investment: $100K. Your ROI: priceless transformation.