Your Time and Your Money Tell Me Everything
“Don’t tell me what you value, show me your calendar and your checkbook, and I’ll tell you what you value.”
I can’t source the origin of this quote but it points to an important distinction between what we think we believe and how we act.
So, I ask you to do 2 things:
- Look back at your calendar for the past 3 months. Where have you been spending your TIME? What are your top 3 priorities?
- Look at your checkbook (or online accounts) for the past 3 months. Where have you been spending your MONEY? What are your top 3 priorities?
A friend of mine is a forensic accountant. He tracks down criminals by looking at their bank accounts—and he can even get access to their email and calendars.
What conclusions would HE draw about you—and what’s important to you—based on how you’ve spent your time and your money recently?
How does it FEEL when you reflect on the distinction between what you think you want and how you actually invest your time and money?
Then take your clients through this exercise and watch its impact on them.
PS. Join me at California Deep Dive this May. There are only 3 spots left. There are ten spots in total and the first 7 have already gone! Deep Dives have always sold out, so don’t miss this one.
PLUS, whenever you’re ready – here are 4 more ways you can drastically increase your income and impact as a world-class coach:
- Read my Coaching in Challenging Times Playbook
- Join me on How To Coach A Superhero: The 4PC edition. Watch me coach some of the top coaches on the planet, in order to become one…
- Apply to join the 4PC waitlist. We’re meeting in Curaçao and Italy in 2023. Alaska, Portugal and Iceland in the years ahead.
- Apply for 1:1 coaching with me in Q2 or Q3 2023. (Thinking Partnership, Protégé and Concierge Trusted Advisor)